Shekinah Preschool Playgroup is part of Shoreham Baptist Church. It is run for the community, and has an excellent reputation.
Thank you for enquiring about Shekinah Preschool Playgroup.
We are registered to take children from 2 years and 3 months to 5 years and have up to 25 children each session.
We meet at Shoreham Baptist Church, Western Road, Shoreham by Sea, on Monday, Tuesday and Friday mornings between 9.15am and 12.15pm. On Thursday we have two sessions and a lunch club, the morning session is 9.15am to 12.15pm the afternoon session is 12.45pm to 3.30pm with the lunch club for 1/2hr between the sessions. Your child can attend either session or can stay the whole day. A healthy packed lunch is required.
In addition to above, from January 2018 we are offering a flexible opening time from 8:30am to 9:15am each day we are open. On Mondays we are opening a lunch club from 12:15pm to 1:15pm. Both sessions require an additional payment of £3 or £4 respective unless covered by funding.
OFSTED and Funding
We are registered by OFSTED and are regularly inspected by them for both the welfare and education of children in our care.
Government funding is available, which entitles your child to a free place at playgroup from the start of the term after they are three. Two year old funding may be available if you meet certain criteria. If your child is not funded then fees are payable, the current charge is £12.00 per session per child, plus £3.00 if they stay for lunch on Thursday. For more information about funding please go to our Admission Policy on the Policy page.
We follow guidelines for children’s learning given by the DfE.
Shekinah Preschool Playgroup is registered with the West Sussex Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership.
The Special Educational Needs LOCAL OFFER Policy can be viewed on the Policy page.
We operate a key-worker system at Shekinah where a member of staff is responsible for monitoring and recording your child’s progress and development throughout their time at preschool.
We have one large hall, a smaller hall and an outside play area. (please see our photo gallery)
You are very welcome to come and look around our setting any time please phone or email to make an appointment or pop in when we are open. For details on how to contact us please go to the contact page.
Shekinah’s main aims:
- To acknowledge and value each child’s individual stage of development, ability, culture, religion and family background and respect each child for who they are.
- To provide a well balanced curriculum following the Development Matters as defined by the DfE and to help each child reach their full potential, learning at their own pace.
- To make parents and carers feel welcome in the group.
- To provide a fun, safe and caring environment where staff practice Christian values.
Staff are well qualified and regularly attend training courses. Staff qualifications and training include:
- National Vocational Qualification – NVQ level 3
- Special Educational Needs
- Diploma in Preschool Practice
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Certificate in Playgroup Practice
- Curriculum Planning
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Paediatric First Aid
- Equal Opportunities
- Roles and Responsibilities of a SEN/Inclusion Co-ordinator
- Food Hygiene
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Talking Clearly
- Motivating Boys